Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine and a key component oftraditional Chinese medicine (TCM) involving thin needles inserted into the body at acupuncture points. It can be associated with the application of heat, pressure, or laser light to these same points. Acupuncture is commonly used for pain relief, though it is also used for a wide range of other conditions.
Clinical practice varies depending on the country. At Acupuncture Therapy Service, Ontario we follow diverse range of acupuncture approaches, involving different philosophies. The method used in TCM is likely the most widely adopted in the US. It is rarely used alone but rather as an adjunct to other forms of treatment
- It is effective in controlling some types of pain
- It may be considered for patients who do not respond to pain medications
- It is a useful alternative for patients who do not want to take pain medications.
- People with infectious skin disease, rash, neuropathy, or open wounds
- Immediately after surgery
- Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor
|45 Min||$ 70|
|60 Min||$ 90|
|90 Min||$ 130|